Saturday, June 26, 2010

Badge Bar Bling

Some folks on the MG Experience forum were looking for pics of fog and driving lights on the rubber bumper MGB. Here is my setup on the 80 MGB LE. Fog light on the driver's side, driving light on the passenger.
Both are independently switched with their own relays. The switches are light up led switches from Pep Boys. I know it sounds trashy/ricey but they look very good in-dash and the light up LED is a good reminder the light is on.

The badge bar is the bar from Moss Motors for rubber bumper cars. Both lights are reproduction Lucas lamps also from Moss. And yes, I know I am "over-badged" - bling makes her go faster! Just ask anyone with a NOx sticker on their car.

I use these lights mostly when coming up to an intersection, in a parking lot, or when I am lead or only vehicle on the road and see traffic about to enter. Its a nice little "Hey! See me here!" reminder for folks who too often don't see the little black car zipping along.

I have some vintage Raydyot lamps but those I am saving for the GT. I hope to get back to that car soon. I have big plans..like a V6 engine swap. (Oh no! I've already said too much! )

No comments: