Sunday, December 3, 2006

Introduction

This blog chronicles the ongoing restoration of my 1980 MGB LE, purchased in 2004. Major sill work will occur during the winter of 2006. I hope to be back in the drivers seat by the summer 2007. I started this blog as an incentive to keep working on the project and to document my progress. This will be a lot of work.

About the car

The car has been "de-smogged" and has a 32/36 Weber DGV and lowered front suspension. In 2005 I added a Pertronix distributor, flamethrower coil and Bosch alternator conversion. Other recent work includes:

2005
  • New gas tank and sending unit (POR-15 on the outside of tank)
  • New SU fuel pump
2006
  • Peco exhaust
  • Conversion to MGB-GT rear brake cylinders, rear brake and axle work
  • New front brake cylinders
  • Rebuilt master and slave clutch cylinder

No comments: